Sunday, August 7, 2022

Jelly Print Fun - Part One

Experimentation with a new medium, jelly printing. It took some time to work out letter placement to ensure the word actually read when printed.

I have continued to work with the colour purple as per my recent art projects. Getting the text to read right was harder than expected...




The jelly printing will open me up to explore a new series of outcomes based on its square shape, as I work out the best way to position text and say what I want to in the limited space provided. 

In the above image I experiment with letters that had been cut out from a previous project, and kept 'just in case' they would be useful in the future! I enjoy this extra layer to the work, of DIY art, which meets make do and mend and reuse, recycle, repurpose. 

I did not have any specific wording for these tests and just went for 'yes' as it was the first short word that came to mind. It introduced me to thinking about placement on the square, and how this might be difficult - I was going for central, but it might be a little off here. 




No comments:

Post a Comment