Sunday, March 3, 2024

say something

say something. say anything. make it profound. or not. 

I am currently quite interested in the idea of having or not having anything to say. I am used to having a lot to say but there is a pressure to say things that are more and more profound. The question is does that, or should that, will that, stop me from saying something. 



In terms of materials, I am currently, still(?) interested in cardboard. When playing around with some ideas for an installation I decided to photograph the cardboard and play with layering and hiding text within it. This felt like an interesting concept to explore, as if I'm going to say something profound and then hide it, what are the implications?  



I'm not sure that I want to stay digital, I will probably take the playing back into the studio at some point. I think this text is too readable to be hidden. But maybe a physical outcome would be even more so. Maybe cardboard isn't the right material. White-on-white or black-on-black might work better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment