Sunday, November 29, 2020

A Four Lettered Word - Part Two

What I love about the use of light in this kind of outcome is how it changes the work completely. In the day time it is very much four pieces of paper stuck into some windows with some electrical tape, but once the sun goes down and the letters are illuminated they change completely. 

The thing that struck me was that I was actually harder to take the photos in the darker night sky, the camera wanted to correct the lighting and wanted to turn the flash on. I explored two kinds of light; white and blue and have not yet decided which I prefer. The blue photographs easier, but what does the colour add to the reading of the work?!

Going Forward

The intention is to create a collection of Four Lettered Words. It will be interesting to push four lettered words to the limit and to see what can be created with them. 

Currently my letters are made from paper and are only really good for one use, so going forward I might explore making this in something more durable, such as wooden board. This would also mean that they could exist in other contexts and be moved and re-organised into new words.


The print idea has taken a side line for the moment as I work on building up a collection of words first.

No comments:

Post a Comment