Sunday, June 26, 2022

TIME - cardboard and vinyl

Time has emerged as a key theme within my Ph.D. research, you can read more about my Ph.D. research here: Abbie Cairns - Norwich University of the Arts (nua.ac.uk)

Due to this the word has seeped into my art practice. Time felt large and logic dictated that I made it - literally -  large, to show its importance and unwieldiness. 

The work uses cardboard and vinyl to create large-scale letters in my usual, ACcomplete4 font (the typeface I use within all of my text-based artwork). I wanted to use a martial that was lightweight and easily moved, but I also wanted to draw upon the traditional text by having the letters black. The thought is that these could then sit against a white gallery wall and has a visual similar to biro on paper or typed text on a word document. 




I am not sure where time will go, but it now exists. 

No comments:

Post a Comment