Sunday, August 28, 2022

Jelly Print - Part Two

Once I had finally figured out how to place the letters so they read once printed I was away!  




I continued to use old art outcomes and off-cuts found within my studio to create a number of experimental outcomes, including vinyl letters, and paper and paper letters. Each print made a different kind of outcome as the ink acted differently depending on the properties of each material. 



I also found that I could create at least two good quality (readable) prints from one layer of ink. The first print is ink saturated, the second more subtle. I came to enjoy the second print and started to explore using less and less ink, to see if I could create this outcome on the first go - to save ink, paper, time etc. 

To an extent I am bound to small outcomes here, working within the size of the square, but this has started to make me think about how I can say what I want to say in a limited number of words, or in words of a certain length. 

'we can' came to mind and I feel I have used the words before, but I cannot be sure. I like the openness of these words, and that to me at least they feel positive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment