Sunday, September 4, 2022

A look back as Artist-Teacher-Researcher-Student at Level Best August 2022

Visual documentation of an art installation. This exhibition was held at Level Best in Colchester for the duration of August 2022. 

The body of work Artist-Teacher-Researcher-Student was created during the first year of my Ph.D. at Norwich University of the Arts and takes text from reflective writing on my identity as I studied it. Within this collection of work, I reposition the reflections as text art, bringing my many identities together as I do so.  


The text is selective, and phrases were selected from longer reflections, based on which felt most pertinent to the research.   






You can find out more about my PhD research here: https://www.nua.ac.uk/study-at-nua/research/research-degrees/students/abbie-cairns   

No comments:

Post a Comment