Sunday, February 11, 2024

Continuous lines continue

This post begins with my linguistic epiphany that lines could mean lines of text, not just line drawings. I enjoy bending language and this helps me situate the technique in my art practice more fully. 

I've moved this practice to the digital as I wanted to reengage with my drawing tablet, it has been neglected since I stopped drawing road signs some time ago. Working digitally felt more restricted and working became more careful. It also became much more evident when the pen was lifted from the tablet, making adhering to the rules of a continuous line even more important. 

Spacing became more difficult to judge as the size of the tablet was not reflective of the screen, resulting in 'page' almost falling off the page. I've started basic and avoided writing around corners, but that is the aim. I like the performative nature of the text that becomes on the side and then upside down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment