Sunday, February 18, 2024

Something about cardboard

Wandering around my studio with a white paint pen. I was looking for something, anything, to write something, anything, on. After playing with paper I moved onto cardboard. Cardboard often finds its way into my artwork due to its DIY properties. With the cardboard, I wanted to explore larger-scale works and text that could creep around the edges.


The continuous lines talked about in this blog post remain. The writing ended when I felt that continuous thought had come to a natural end. The text on the box intends to be the focal point of the piece. The writing is legible and simply rendered by hand, there are no special effects or embellishments. The outcomes are clean and uncluttered and are intended to be shown as a collection. 









No comments:

Post a Comment