Sunday, March 17, 2024

Found text

While prepping some old work to turn it into new work I got slightly distracted. The initial intention was to cover over the text (four pots of thick ready mixed paint that smelt like chalk chemicals) to make room for new text.

I often reuse or rework outcomes as I feel like they are done once I have shown them. This was part of a larger collection of painted text on canvas boards shown a couple of years ago now.


As I was about to cover the text I wondered if there was anything else in the text that could be said. I used thick black acrylic paint straight out of the tube to start blocking out words, parts of words of letters.

The readability is a bit jumbled. but that is to be expected as the new words are broken up amongst the old words. The meaning is also limited as these are found words that I felt vaguely went together to make a sentence.

u ok read mixed pain that talks

This process is just the start for this board, but it keeps me engaged and thinking much more than just coating the canvas board in paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment