Sunday, March 24, 2024

2013 -> 2024

Recently little figures have been emerging in my artwork. I wasn't sure where they came from, but a dig in the archives revealed they had been here in a slightly different form ten years ago.


2013

2024

They did not show themselves in the intervening years and I wonder why they have come back. They have moved from blocks to now being more based on line and from colour to black and white. The movement and/or gesture feel important. My current figures are very much grounded in recalling ice skating moves. I vaguely recall the 2013 figures responding to the nursery rhyme Ring a Ring o' Roses - but I cannot recall why.

As my work develops this visual language grows to incorporate marks other than those created by text and language. 

No comments:

Post a Comment