Sunday, March 28, 2021

About Abbie Cairns

I am an artist-teacher based in Essex. I have completed and BA (Hons) Fine Art, graduating 2016, and MA Fine Art, graduating 2018. I am currently completing my Ph.D. at Norwich University of the Arts.

I teach art in adult community learning, am a board member for Colchester Art Society and facilitate the Creative Practitioner Support Programme at SPACE Colchester.

My practice is involved in the use of linguistics and shared public language, which can be accessed and interpreted in an infinite amount of ways by an audience. The intention being to engage the audience and creating a dialectical relationship between the art and the audience.

The connection between language and time also interests me. It is fleeting and ever-changing. To echo this in my work outcomes are often moveable and temporary. My practice takes a DIY approach, as such I use materials that are often inexpensive and processes that are easily accessible.

No comments:

Post a Comment