Sunday, April 10, 2022

Letter Nets - Part One

I have been thinking about letter nets since my art foundation in 2012/3. I have never been able to work them out. Where the sides need to go, where the tabs need to go.

However, ten years on and I think I have finally started to figure it out. 


The letter nets will allow me to create super lightweight 3D letters. While I currently have no plans for them, sitting down and figuring it out is a win in itself.



They have the ability to be free-standing, moved around, and played with. They are in keeping with my DIY approach and at this small scale, I think they are quite endearing. They are intimidating in nature.

I found that due to the complex shape of letters that the paper did not allow for all sides to be covered. This was unplanned but the resulting aesthetic is intriguing, to be able to look inside a letter. Something I've not considered before.

No comments:

Post a Comment