Sunday, April 17, 2022

Magnetic Part Two

Continuing the magnetic experiments, moving onto heavier cardboard letters and magnets. 




I prefer the look of these letters, they are easier to create and more stable. However, their weight is problematic. More magnets are needed. And even with two, the letter struggles to stay put. It will stay for a bit, but then gives up and falls to the floor. 


The letter also did not sit flush against the wall, as hoped. I think more magnets, placed evenly around the letter would help.

I had thought that magnets would be a quick-fix idea. It turns out there is much to consider here! I think the main issue is the strength of the magnets. While this is easily fixed by ordering stronger magnets, I do not want this to become an expensive endivour. As that would not be fitting with my part practice, which often uses cheap, easily available materials. 


No comments:

Post a Comment