Sunday, October 9, 2022

Process

I found over the past couple of years that my processes for writing academically and for art are one of the same. 



Both essentially start with an automatic writing technique. I write without stopping and without worrying about errors. Both practices then go through an editing process, in which audience and convention are considered consciously. 

The academic writing will be spell-checked, and grammar and any other conventions for publication will be added. With my art practice, I might correct spellings, but I might not, but I leave grammar out. However, word and letter placement might become more important, and constrictions of size and how they will be exhibited are considered. 

I am eager to see what happens with both practices as time goes on, I am keen for the two to merge into one - but do not want to rush this process. 

The merge comes as a gain conference in my place in both the artworks and the academic world. I push boundaries and jump over lines. I mix the two and see if anyone notices.


These finders were first presented at the NUA Terminals Conference in August 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment