Sunday, October 16, 2022

Silver Letters - Part 2

My studio scavenger hunt continued and I came across some mirror cards which is years old, I distinctly remember buying them while at university for the university shop. This was back in 2015/6. And backs up my 'keep everything just in case' rule, which I think many artists live by.

The mirror card had clear benefits above and beyond the sharpie on black paper. The main one was that it was shinier. 



I also found that I could interact with the mirror card in different ways, cutting the letters out, etching into the surface of the card, and layering the letters.

On the right-hand side, I mixed the two types of letters up, and it is here that you can start to see how much more shiny the mirror card is in the way it catches the light so clearly.

I am still unsure if this is going anywhere but I have mirrors on the mind now.

No comments:

Post a Comment